It is the mission of the city clerk's office to serve the public on a daily basis with efficiency, courtesy and a willingness to assist the citizens of the City of Sapulpa while preserving, maintaining and providing access to vital public records; and to ensure the city's legislative processes are open and public by providing a link between citizens and government through the dissemination of information.
City Clerk's Office
The city clerk's office performs a variety of professional and administrative duties, including but not limited to, accepting open records requests and the handling of various permits and licenses.
The city clerk's office houses the city's archives, and the city clerk serves as the custodian of the city's records and seal. The clerk maintains and provides city documents that enable the public to participate in local government.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Archives and makes available official documents, including city budgets, ordinances, resolutions, city code and contracts
● Attends city council meetings and other official meetings
● Attests the mayor's signature on official documents
● Issues licenses and permits
● Handles open records requests
● Keeps the seal of the City of Sapulpa
● Prepares and maintains official meeting minutes
● Manages records of ownership and burials in South Heights Cemetery, North Heights
Cemetery, Old Sapulpa Cemetery and Fairview Cemetery
● Receives lawsuits, appeals, petitions and claims
● Receives and receipts any and all monies due the city from any and all sources
● Oversees the operation of the municipal court Mailing Address
City Clerk's Office P. O. Box 1130 Sapulpa, OK 74067
The City Clerk's Office is located in Sapulpa City Hall, 425 East Dewey Avenue, in historic downtown Sapulpa.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed weekends and most holidays.